WHAT I'VE BEEN KNITTING: CHINESE NEW YEAR

Hello! Its been a little while since my last post, since being featured by the Daily Mail it's been a bit of a whirlwind, with emails, interviews and orders. However at the beginning of January I started planning a dragon for Chinese New Year. Last year I went to an amazing night at the SU which had a beautiful lion and fantastic decoration and when deciding what to make this year a dragon was at the top of my list. 

To make the dragon I used some lovely yarns, such as Sidar's baby bamboo for the red, snowflake chunky for the white, and my favourite Twilleys Goldfingering for the gold. I also used white felt for the teeth and white under the body. Here are a couple of photos of him, one against the black and the other where he is now - hanging over the door frame downstairs. Underneath are some images of my test dragons, the first being the initial head I made and the second testing for the pattern for his body. I do have the pattern for him which I will post soon if people are interested in making one for themselves!
  







Anyway, I have been knitting so much lately, which I will be posting about in the forth coming days. I've had a lot of interest in my wigs, and the patterns. So keep watching this space as there may be one appearing on my blog soon.

Happy New Year!

Louise 

xox

Louise Walker

Louise Walker is an award winning knitting pattern and kit designer based in South London.

4 comments:

  1. I just happended to find your blog, and this was really interresting!! You make funny, but usefull stuff, so I`m gonna follow you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Austin, Texas. I read about your wig hair hats-- how creative and wonderful. I love your dragon, it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise, i am currently in process of knitting the foxy scarf in Knit Today issue 89. I have a question about possible error. I finished row 386 (a knit row) the last of "work 8 in stocking stitch). The next row is a kfb, but since the pattern is stocking stitch, it seems I should work 9 rows so I finish with a purl row. So...I did that and then went on to work row 387 "Kfb, knit to last stitch, kfb. 32 sts.
    Next row is purl. Repeat last 2 rows once. I now have 34 sts. Row 391 is a repeat of same pattern and says I should have 34 sts., BUT wit the kfb at beg and end of row, I now have 36 sts.
    I have worked hard on this, lots of rows, don't want to mess it up now! Please help me! If there are any other corrections please let me know, I am working on this as a gift and need to get it done. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would VERY much like to obtain this pattern! I need to knit two draft stoppers.

    ReplyDelete