Thursday 8 March 2012

Previous Work






As I am currently working on a beauty project I thought it would be a good idea to explain my previous projects and my work has been developing. 

In my second year I made this work, called Strawberry Meringue, which looked at 1960s film and the make up styles used in each ones. I picked different films through the decade, such as Barberella and The Graduate, and projected a make up idea on to each image. This was the first vintage project I had done for uni. During the summer I had made a good connection with a local vintage shop in Chelmsford, so I was able to borrow the clothing from the shoot from there, as well as the backgrounds. It was a learning experience for me with the retouching. And there was a class debate with them over if they were over retouched. I do want to improve on the retouching for this project, as it is something I struggle to keep natural. I wanted to show evidence of my previous work and how I do like to work in a vintage style. I think it will be interesting to see how my style will develop with this project. I want to create something much more contemporary, as I am interested in using pastel colours and of course, the knitted hair pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Etsy Awards - One Year On

I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I won the Etsy Awards. Time has flown by and my small business has grown so much. Winning th...