Thursday 23 February 2012

The 1970s

Farrah Fawcett by Bruce McBroom
1978
1976

1978
Looking at Farrah Fawcett, she had the girl next door, all American look. I am most interested in her because of her iconic 'flick' hair style. With Bruce McBroom's huge archive of images it is hard to see him as just a 70s photographer. I am therefore concentrating on these images of Farrah Fawcett. They are three sexual images, with her posing nude in two of them, the other in a bathing suit. What I like about Fawcett is that she is a real woman, size wise, not a model, but an actress loved by men. The style of photography is simple, focusing on Fawcett, I love the first image, with her on the striped background. The colours are typically 70s. Her hair iconic, I love the flicks, which are something I could consider recreating with tassels maybe? To get the same kind of volume and texture.


Diana Ross



Diana Ross, with her soulful voice and diva attitude was known for her big hair and sequins. The images I have found I think are really interesting. I love the big eye lashes and the doe eyed look it gives to her. Her lips are shapely and big, and they are nude in all the photos. I think she has a really distinctive look to her which is something to consider when I cast my model for this era. 



Jane Fonda




Jane Fonda, famously outspoken and the starter of the aerobics craze has a really interesting look. I have always known her for her part as Barberella. I like the dark eyes, long hair and innocence she brings to these images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Etsy Awards - One Year On

I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I won the Etsy Awards. Time has flown by and my small business has grown so much. Winning th...