Saturday 17 September 2011

Three lovely days and a trip to a&e

Friday

On Friday I went up to Hylands House to be a wedding photographer, something I had never done before. As I knew the bride and groom it was quite nice, a real Walker day out as my mother did the hair for the bride and my father shot along side me. The wedding was beautiful making it a pleasure to shoot!
Saturday

On saturday I went back up to Hylands to do a shoot. Thanks to my friends Truly Madly Vintage we had some lovely pieces to shoot with, as well as sneaking some of my foxes in!


Sunday

Sunday was my day out with I Knit London, however things did not run as smoothly as I had planned. With my sister Kate we headed up to London on a slow train making us 20 mins late and missing the special train we had tickets to go on. As Kate predicted everything worked out and we had a lovely day on vintage trains, busses and looking at beautiful classic cars. We also headed over to the V&A to see their exhibition 'The Power of Making' which was amazing. They had a giant piece of knitting which only furthered my want for 28mm needles. My favourite exhibit was the crochet bear, I think it was to scale but I couldn't be sure! It was beautifully done and an inspiration for my next project. I believe when you see what you truly love doing exhibited in a way such as this you do feel a pride of being apart of the knitting community.
Monday

Monday started off well, I saw an old friend and later my parents dress rehearsal for the show they are currently starring in. A while ago my sister told me if I ran my knitting needles through my hair the grease made it easier to knit, so as I knitted in the dark with a vintage pair of 3 3/4 needles and the wool being a little tough to knit with I misjudged my head and stabbed myself in the ear.
With an explosion of pain and a ringing I never knew existed off to a&e we went. Luckily I had only made a huge hole in my ear drum and not destroyed my inner ear, however It's not healing too fast :( I'd like to be in Bournemouth for Friday so I'm praying it'll be okay!

So here's a little update on my knits this week:
And finally Happy Birthday Dad :) had a lovely meal at Frankie and Bennys despite my leaky ear! Going to make you a fabulous scarf and hat once I can walk in a straight line :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Etsy Awards - One Year On

I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I won the Etsy Awards. Time has flown by and my small business has grown so much. Winning th...