Monday, 26 April 2010

Inspiration


Julia Fullerton-Batten's Teenage Stories are my new favourite set of images, again it is such a simple idea but done so well. Its something I want to do in the next couple of months, I just need to find the right location! I needed some inspiration as I'm stuck in Essex so I'm starting on my personal work, as well as playing viva pinata!

Monday, 12 April 2010

CAP







After last weeks blog showing my DD work I wanted to also put up my final CAP images. After several test shoots with different models I was able to put together 6 final images. I wish I could have done more however finding these 6 did take along time. I would rather have 6 strong images than 8 with weaker ones. I am really pleased with these, I did however use all digital files in the end, but I would love to go back and shoot more in film. Hopefully when I get some free time I can clean up the film scans, rather than leaving them in a folder! I styled these photos myself and had a make up artist come in for the hair and make up!

Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Gaia

With all our hand ins out the way I now finally have some time to relax, so I thought it share my two final images for the Digital Darkroom project. I have not really written about it on here so here I go! The project was to look at Gaia and shoot two photos for a magazine. I chose to do fashion and the idea of recycling. I wanted the idea to lead on from my DISP work as I loved creating the image, however I did not want to do it all in photoshop, but rather build something in the studio. I did not want to do the traditional dress made out of news paper and create something at a bigger scale than my DISP. I wanted to create a recycled refuge for the 'last beautiful people' using clothes and pretty objects to create it.


This is the double page spread for the magazine, I used shirts and lampshades, adding in a few things on photoshop and playing with the tones until I found something that worked.

I wanted the front cover to be more punchy than the double page spread, I used the same type of editing. The origional was very bleached out so I spent along time reconstructing her hat, adding most of the texture back in to the highlighted areas.